Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bob Barker is Best in HD

Thank you to Liz Watts, and several other listeners, who e-mailed me back with their opinions about ‘Pal-entines Day’. Believe it or not, the poll was evenly divided. Half said ‘no way’! The last thing we need is another reason for people to spend money. The other half said ‘Heck yeah!!! Let’s have a Pal-entines Day’! One day of the year where we give a little something to our pals. And now, the clincher. There already IS a ‘Palentines Day’. How was I supposed to know? I thought I invented Palentines Day. But, nope. It exists, alright. Even has a website, www.palentinesday.com. The first ever Palentines Day was January 1st 2005. Just over 10 months ago. Anyway, its quite noble. It’s a celebration of America’s heroes. Quite nice. Sigh. Wish I’d thought of that.

Today is John Rodenburg’s birthday. He shares it with Nick Lachey, Lou Ferrigno, and Mary Travers from Peter, Paul, and Mary. They were the trio who sang ‘If I Had a Hammer’, and ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’. What’s up with that song? Think there may be a ‘hidden’ meaning behind ‘Puff the Magic Dragon?” Just wondering. Discuss amongst yourselves!

I don’t know about you, but I’m devastated by the news that Bob Barker is retiring from ‘The Price is Right’. I feel like Bob’s been there my entire life. Bob Barker is like comfort food. He’s just like shepherd’s pie or macaroni or tuna casserole like Mom used to make. Recently, I discovered the pleasures of watching Bob Barker in high definition. He’s only 83 years old! Why is he retiring already?! Maybe if Price Is Right contestants stopped knocking him over, he would stay on longer. We’re gonna miss you, Bob!
Even the pets that have been spayed or neutered love ya Bob!

Wow. Big news out of Hollywood. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline are getting a divorce. Who saw that coming? In a strange way, I feel kinda sorry for Kevin Federline. The minute the divorce was announced, the headlines changed to ‘Britney’s Back!! Britney is well on her way to a come-back’! Britney Back on Track’! Sheesh. The guy couldn’t have been all that bad. But he’ll probably land on his feet. Watch for Kevin Federline on the next edition of ‘I’m a D-List Celebrity Get me Outta Here’! Or maybe one day you’ll be channel surfing and Britney’s ex will be on your screen, leg wrestling with Danny Bonaduce.
Or maybe he’ll take up with Darva Conger. The world is Kevin Federline’s oyster.

There’s a new Lone Star Restaurant opening up in the Byward Market. Hopefully soon! I have to stop pressing my face up against the windows trying to get the workers’ attention to hurry up with whatever it is they still have to do to get the place ready so we can eat fajitas and salsa and con queso dip every single day across the street from where I work!!! How much longer do we have to wait!!!! The humanity!!!!