Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving! When do the stores open

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in the USA! I love American Thanksgiving because I love having a holiday so much, I can actually enjoy someone else's holiday through osmosis. Just knowing a country next to ours is having a holiday makes me happy. Plus, there are neat things on tv when its American Thanksgiving. The Macys Parade, daytime football, and I just watched the 'National Dog Show', where 2000 dogs competed for 'Best in show'! And the winner was a female Australian shepherd, like the one picture above. I didn't catch her name, and this picture isn't the actual winner, because I can't find her picture on the internet anywhere, because she just won ten minutes ago, but I was so excited when she won, that I found a picture of someone else's Australian shepherd. Yes, I do own two Australian shepherds, but I am in no way biased towards the breed.

To our American friends: Hope you enjoy your day today with family and friends. I just saw a TV commercial for Macys Department Store advertising their 'day after Thanksgiving sale', which starts at 4 am tomorrow. I don't think I've ever set my alarm for 3:30 am to go shopping. But I would if the situation presented itself!

Big thanks to Ion Aimers and the staff at 'The Works' new location in Orleans. JR and I were out last Friday for the grand opening and we had a great time. I've always loved the Works' burgers, and the Orleans location also has the most delicious maple smoked chicken.mmmmm yummy. I also left the restaurant with a brand new Mike Fisher life size cardboard cut-out thanks to Ion and the staff. It was one of the best nights of my life.

The Salvation Army Kettle Campaign is underway! As our society becomes more and more cashless (many of us just carry a bank card now!) this is just a reminder to keep some cash aside for the Salvation Army Kettle, which is the major source of funds to ensure that those less fortunate do have a special Christmas. I was at the Loeb in Bells Corners yesterday, saw the Kettle, and realized I had no cash, because I hardly carry it anymore! I did get some money for a donation but it made me wonder........is our 'cashless society' hurting campaigns like these?
Just something to think about. Put some toonies (or $$ bills!) in your pocket for the Kettle next time you head out to a mall.
p.s. or....you can save your $$$ and stop by 87 George Street on December 14th. Personalities from the A Channel and all 4 CHUM Radio stations will be outside the building collecting for the Salvation Army from 8 to midnight. I will be on the sidewalk as of 8:30 am, asking for your money. I may bring both of my Mike Fishers with me. See you then!