Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Have you ever wondered how some tv shows ever get the ‘green light’? Especially some of the reality shows. I’m trying to picture the ‘network pitch’ for this show: “C’mon…its gonna be great…the premise of the show is that we take C-list and D-list celebrities, we give them real shot-guns, then we make them members of a real police force and send them out to fight real criminals!! Huh? What do you think, fanatastic, huh?” Well, CBS TV bought the idea and thus we have the premiere of ‘Armed and Famous’, a new reality show starring La Toya Jackson, Erik Estrada, and Jack Osbourne among others. For the show, these former celebrities have all been outfitted in uniforms and badges, and they are packing heat! The mayor of Muncie Indiana agreed to allow La Toya and the gang to join the Muncie police force, because they thought it would put Muncie on the map. It would be good for tourism, the mayor of Muncie said. Maybe there will even be souvenir t-shirts that say: ”I visited Muncie Indiana and I got shot by La Toya Jackson’!


Thank you to our ‘Morning After’ correspondent Rick Currie, who provided live on-the-spot coverage of the Canadian Edition ‘Deal or No Deal’ Briefcase Model Auditions in Montreal. At one point Rick was surrounded by about 350 beautiful women getting ready for the audition by changing into their cocktail dresses. Thank you for handling this tough assignment, Rick.

This winter has been so mild, I haven’t put my snowshoes on yet. There still isn’t enough snow. Well, I guess I could drive to where there IS snow, but that would take a lot of effort. Once I pulled into the parking lot at Meech Lake in Gatineau Park to do a little snow-shoeing. I got out of the car, put on my snowshoes, and someone pointed out that my car was in a tow-away zone. So I drove my car about 100 feet, with my snow-shoes still on. Do not ever do this. This activity is only for trained professionals on a closed course. And I meant to drive into that snowbank.


The ‘People’s Choice Awards’ are on tonight and I’m pretty excited to watch the awards because on the People’s Choice Awards website, there is an opportunity for people to ‘ask the celebrity’. You can ask a variety of celebrities one question, you just submit your question on the website, then they tell you to watch the awards show to see if YOUR question comes up! I asked Charlie Sheen this question: ‘have you ever put something on the roof of your car then forgot it was there and drove away’? What do you think the chances are that this question will be addressed on tonight’s ‘Peoples Choice Awards’? Probably as good as getting the green light for a gun-toting celebrity reality show.