Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hey! 60 Women Are All Wearing My Shirt!



Pictured: (Above) Mike Fisher and autumn
(beneath Mike Fisher) The official shirt of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club servers


How about those Ottawa Senators!!!! Went to two games this past weekend, the Sens won both (actually, at the time I write this, the last game they LOST was the Stanley Cup final w-a-a-ay back when). When I got to the first level concourse at Scotiabank Place on Saturday, I noticed a lovely woman who was wearing the exact same top that I have. It’s a striped top with a semi-turtle neck, pictured here. I loved the shirt when I bought it back in the summer. Sometime in July, I think. Anyway, after seeing one woman at the Sens game wearing my shirt, I saw another…then another….then another… then I began to realize, that my exact striped shirt is now the ‘uniform’ for Ottawa Senators servers! On Saturday night, SIXTY women were wearing my exact same shirt. There are two ways I can react to this: a) I can be horrified that my shirt is not an original, or
b) I can wear my shirt to Sens games and get an employee discount on beer . I really like the latter!
Another Thanksgiving has come and gone….and once again, I have no leftovers. My sister and her husband host Thanksgiving every year, and serve up a fabulous turkey dinner. Since I’m a guest, I don’t get leftovers. The day after Thanksgiving, I think that people with turkey left-overs wake up, wipe the sleep from their eyes, put their feet on the floor, then instantly start to salivate at the thought of the turkey left-overs. Some have will power, and are able to make it all the way to noon hour, before they make a turkey sandwich. That’s about the time someone calls me to tell me they are eating a turkey sandwich, with stuffing, and cranberries. When I get that phone call, I am usually eating raisin bran or a microwaved pogo. Would someone at Farm Boy please think of the rest of us, and start selling turkey left-overs?
My other sister makes the Christmas turkey, so I don’t get left-overs on that day either. Next time I’m at Farm Boy, I’m going to put this into the suggestion box. Please sell left-overs. So people like me can be like people that still have turkey in the fridge. Thank you.
The 'sca-a-a-ry season' is here and the 'Chills for Cheo' CRYPT OF TORMENT is back! Located at 34 Tradewinds Drive in Barrhaven, the CRYPT OF TORMENT promises to be scarier than ever!! Volunteers work around the year to get it ready for ultimate spookiness so bring the whole family out! tHIS is a monstrous fundraiser for Cheo, with all details at www.chillsforcheo.com! BOO!!!