Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bloodlines and Chipmunks






The New England Historic Genealogical Society has determined that Hilary Clinton and Angelina Jolie are related. They are ninth cousins, twice removed.
Hilary is also related to Madonna, Celine Dion, and Alanis Morrissette.
Meanwhile, according to the same historians, Brad Pitt is a distant cousin of Barack Obama.

Here's the link to the full story: http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=ce12227a-8a7d-431f-b4c0-b00ecd598cba


And now ..... I have become an expert on 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'
Pictured here: one of the chipmunks, not sure which.

Just returned from a week in Zihuatanejo, Mexico where the sun never stopped shining, the temperature never dipped below 30 degrees, and the average price for a cold beer at a local establishment was $1.00.
It took us almost exactly 24 hours to get home from Mexico (Ixtapa airport to Ottawa) because our connector flight was delayed, due to 'technical problems' on the plane. Once I was finally on the plane that had the 'technical problems', I really hoped that the issue was something to do with the in-flight movie, or the coffee maker.

Speaking of the in-flight movie, on the way to Mexico we were treated to 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'. Once I got past the fact that its a Christmas movie playing on a plane in March, I was part of a captive audience that watched those chipmunks and their crazy antics.
Then, on the flight back from Mexico, the airline treated us once again to 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'. And I watched it again. I have now officially seen Alvin and the Chipmunks more than 'Citizen Kane' and 'The Godfather'. Its the best movie about chipmunks that I've ever seen. But it really made me homesick for the squirrels living in my basement.