Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How Many Sleeps til Bluesfest?!! Just a few!!!!!!



(above: The Flaming Lips)

I can hardly contain myself!!! Just ONE WEEK to go before Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest takes over this town and brings US the absolute best in live music!! For thousands and thousands of music fans, it has become something that is on our calendar, we look forward to it every year and many people of course take vacation during Bluesfest - not a bad idea if you can swing it! I like to squeeze each and every minute that I can out of Bluesfest, so once again I will be staying at The Albert At Bay Hotel, home of the BIG rooms. Staying at the Albert at Bay (just a short walk to Bluesfest) lets me have a wee bit more sleep so that I can be bright-eyed for the morning show. Another stellar line-up this year: Blue Rodeo, Tragically Hip, Peter Frampton (how many times did you wear out your vinyl 'Frampton Comes Alive'?), Cheap Trick, Jane's Addiction, the return of the amazing Steve Miller Band, a major extravaganza known as The Flaming Lips, and so many more acts- all details at www.ottawabluesfest.ca. I hope to see you there! I know I will!