Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Stars Just Keep Coming

Wow! What a week this has been! My birthday is actually in February, but I moved it to August 22nd. So, for a birthday gift, JR and Morning After producer ‘Hammer’ got me the most amazing gift. A personal phone call from my favourite guy on the Weather Network, Chris St. Clair! He’s the guy on the Weather Network on Saturdays and Sundays. I find myself mesmerized by his knowledge of weather. Chris St Clair was kind enough to call me on the air on Tuesday morning, and offered me the chance to be the head of the Chris St Clair Fan Club, which, at this point, does not yet exist. What a great birthday!

Definitely planning to take in the Ottawa Air Show this weekend at the Carp Airport. For info, go to www.airshowottawa.com. I’m going for a flight in a vintage plane, I think it’s a B-25. Oddly enough, I have no fear of climbing into any kind of plane, no matter how small or how old or how loud it is. However, I am deathly afraid of clowns.

The ‘back to school’ feeling is everywhere now. Not having any kids, I do miss out on some of the fun this time of year. If it is fun. I’m not even sure. I know that when I was a kid it meant the end of a lot of the things I did all summer long, and just before the first day of school I had to release all of my frogs. One of the things I do enjoy about the back to school time, is that I can go into any drug store and they have these big product packs filled with shampoo and toothpaste and pens and stuff for 5 bucks. I pretend I’m buying it for my kids.

Rolling Stones in Ottawa. Biggest show ever. If you live in the Glebe, let me know if you’re willing to share your driveway. Yeah, like I’m the first one to mention that! I’m so charged up about this show because the Stones are without a doubt one of the best live acts in the history of music. I wasn’t going to spoil the surprise by checking out this tour’s set list, but I did anyway. ‘Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doooo doo doo Heartbreaker’ is on the set list!!! That’s my favourite Stones song. Hope they play yours, too.
See you there!

Hey, if you’re a fan of ‘Rock Star INXS’, don’t miss this Tuesday’s ‘Morning After’ show on BOB. JR and I are going to be chatting with the one and only ‘J.D’. He’s Canadian, eh! He’s agreed to join us on the air to talk about all the ‘behind the scenes’ stuff from the show, as he continues his drive to be the new lead singer for INXS. I say he’s definitely in the running, along with Mig. One thing you can say for sure about J.D, he’s been the most colorful character on the show. Should be a great interview! Don’t miss it!