Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Do Barbers Know Everything?

Wow, was I wrong! My informal poll asking women if they ever used a mens washroom in a public place, yielded surprising results. Well, surprising for me. Turns out that most women just don’t do it. Even if there are long line-ups at the womens washroom and the men are coming and going into their washroom without a care in the world, most women will not go into mens world. I started this poll because I find the women’s facilities at the Civic Centre are just not enough to handle all of us during a concert. Thank you to the women who wrote in…..you have inspired me to stop using the mens public washroom. Unless I really need to go.

I ran into CJOH’s Brent Corbeil recently at Bayshore Shopping Centre. He and his cute young son had just gotten their hair cut. Brent said he has been getting his haircut at the same place for, like, 22 years. This made me think, there is no truer loyalty than that between a man and his barber. If you can top 22 years getting clipped by the same guy (or woman) let me know. Just think of the stuff the barber must know about you. If there was a trivia contest about personal information, I’ll bet your barber would win. I’ll bet your barber knows your most embarrassing moment, your worst trip experience, and the names of all your kids. All that plus every inch of the top of your head! Stories?

Isn’t it cool that Robert Plant spent last Saturday in Wakefield, before his show at the Corel Centre? Wonder what he did there. Maybe he rented a canoe. Or maybe he shopped for home-made jams. Or maybe he watched the Wakefield steam train. Or maybe he posed by the red covered bridge. But chances are he probably had a beer at the Black Sheep. If anyone knows what he did, enquiring minds want to know.

Be sure to check out the CHUM / Byward Market BIA auction for Katrina Hurricane relief, right here on our website. There’s some cool stuff to bid on, concerts, dinners, or how about a double invite to CHUM movie premieres for one full year. All proceeds go to hurricane disaster relief. I have my eye on the art lessons from the Ottawa School of Art. I’ve always wanted to be able to draw. Sometimes in a shopping mall you see an artist selling their paintings, and to be honest, well, the paintings just aren’t very good. I’d like to be at least as good/bad as those people.