Thursday, September 08, 2005

women! Lets stand up for our washroom rights!

I’m doing a bit of an informal poll, wondering something about the women of Ottawa. If you are at an event, and you have to use the washroom, and the line-up is s-o-o-o long that you start to chew on your sleeve, do you have the guts to go into the mens washroom? Because inevitably, the men are zipping in and out of their washroom, nary a line-up to be found. When I was at the Stones concert, a group of us broke free from our women’s line-up and stormed into the mens loo. There was certainly strength in numbers. However, the other night at the Hall and Oates concert, as I waited painfully in a washroom line-up, I vocalized the idea of a bunch of us hitting the mens washroom. No one had the guts to join me, and I didn’t have the guts to go by myself. So, I figure we have two choices. We get the Civic Centre/Lansdowne Park people to expand the ladies washroom facilities, or we just get really brave and consider it open season on the mens’ facilities. What do you think?

The Humane Society Wiggle Waggle Walkathon is on this Sunday at the Experimental Farm Arboretum! Registration starts at 8:30, it’s a fun day with all kinds of activities and prizes and of course a 2 km or 5 km walk through the park. If you’ve never been, you gotta bring your dog out. You’ve never seen so many dogs of all shapes and sizes in one place, and everyone gets along beautifully. And dogs really love it, not only is it a cool outing, they get to go for a car ride. Most dogs love going in the car. Today’s dog hanging his head out of the car window is the modern day equivalent of the ancient wolf enjoying the breezes on a mountain top. Or something like that. But I still don’t have an explanation as to why dogs always prefer the driver’s seat. If you need more info for the Wiggle Waggle, check www.ottawahumane.ca.

Speaking of dogs, my Australian shepherd Mojo has long, fine silky hair. Most of the time. Since he spends a lot of time in the lake in the summer, his hair became pretty matted and he went to the groomer today. I picked him up and tried not to laugh. Dogs hate it when you laugh. His butt has been shaved. I told him he looked beautiful, but I was laughing inside. I think he’s too embarrassed to go to the Wiggle Waggle Walkathon.

If you’ve been following the show ‘Rock Star INXS’, it really is getting down to the wire. This show just seems to get more and more cool every week. We are now down to 2 Canadians, JD and Suzie, and Marty and Mig, and any one of them has the talent to be the new lead singer of INXS. But I think JD has the edge, just because his own personal style seems to fit the band INXS a bit more than the other performers. Anyway, I’ve become ridiculously attached to this show, and I will be very sad when its over. Thankfully, Fox TV has come up with ‘Skating with Celebrities’. This should help me move on.