Monday, September 19, 2005

Up Up in the Air

Tuesday night – we find out the exciting conclusion to ‘Rock Star INXS’! The poll on this website tells the story: Bob FM listeners want JD to be the new lead singer of INXS! Don’t think it has anything to do with the fact that JD is the only Canadian left in the top 3…… he’s certainly been consistently talented, he has the rock star moodiness, and his voice best fits the INXS sound. This is a guy who was living with his dog in a car under a bridge in Toronto a couple of months ago. JD was busking with his guitar to save enough money to buy a battery for his car. Don’t you love a story like that. All we need is the happy ending!

One of the side effects of my job, is that I tend to need a nap sometime in the afternoon. My alarm goes off at 3:30 in the morning, so I usually get sleepy just after lunch time. This week I brought my car into one of those oil change places and I asked if I could stay in the car while they hoisted it up in the air to do their work. They said sure. I guess I feel asleep while my car was w-a-a-ay-y up in the air. I woke up and couldn’t remember what series of events could possibly have lead to me being in my car twenty feet off the ground. And not moving. Just frozen up there in the clouds. It was somewhat disappointing when I realized I was just getting an oil change.

Thank you to Janet and Greta Podleski for stopping by ‘The Morning After’. These two vivacious ladies have put out their third cookbook, ‘Eat, Shrink and Be Merry’, and its just as much fun as their 2 previous books, ‘Looneyspoons’ and ‘Crazy Plates’. Recipes include ‘Eric Eggstrata’, ‘Life in the Fast Loin’, ‘Turk de Soleil’…half the fun of this book is just chuckling at the titles Janet and Greta come up with for the recipes. After an hour with these two, you can’t help but talk in puns. Pick up their new book, or win it here on BOB FM on the ‘Morning After Mystery’. It’s ‘worth every penne’. P.s. I’ve been told to leave the puns to the experts. My attempt, ‘Fleetwood Mac ‘n cheese’ was met with blank stares.