Saturday, April 28, 2007

The TSN Monkey likes us! He really likes us!!



This is a picture of a crab I took in Barbados. No real story behind it, I just really like the picture.


The boys in ‘The Police’ are back together again and you could win a trip to see them in either Montreal or Toronto! ‘BOB GET ME THE POLICE’ is the phrase you need to know, and you want to keep your radio on 939 BOB FM, as always!
I’ve been reading a lot of buzz about the Police, who are feverishly rehearsing for their upcoming tour in Vancouver. Word is they’ve never sounded better! But, as we know, all good things in life are created from conflict. Apparently Sting and drummer Stewart Copeland have comfortably returned to their age-old habit of fighting constantly. As legend has it, while on tour many many years ago, Stewart Copeland painted the words ‘Sting is An Idiot’ on one of his drums. He strategically placed the drum so that Sting couldn’t see it while on stage, but the entire audience could read the message. Don’t you just love rock ‘n roll?

What’s going on with the Tulip Festival? It starts next week, but this year there are NO bands! NO concerts! NO live music! Its really a shame….but the Tulip Festival has had back luck with weather on concert nights. Its hard to have a concert series be financially successful when your showcase acts are on stage in driving rain, thunder, lightning, high winds, and bone-chilling cold. So, we can’t exactly blame Tulip Festival organizers for pulling the plug on live shows.
But how have they replaced the concerts? With ‘spoken word’ gatherings. So instead of seeing Randy Bachman or 54-40 or The Trews perform, there will be speakers on-stage ‘talking’ about the bands. And what it would be like if they played. Oh well, at least its free.

I ran my first 10K this week. I finally got this running thing all figured out. When I start to run, I’m in instant pain. Then after about five minutes the pain goes away. Then, pain again. Then no pain. Pain again. Then no pain. So the trick is to just keep going through the pain, because eventually it goes away, and before you know it, 78 minutes has gone by, and you’ve just accomplished your first 10K.
Well, it took me 78 minutes. But I didn’t have the wind at my back.

So, Don Cherry has picked the Ottawa Senators and Anaheim for the Stanley Cup Finals. That’s good! And the TSN monkey has picked Ottawa to take this series over New Jersey. Also good! I was also surprised to see the story in the Ottawa Sun this week, pointing out that each and every city of Ottawa councillor says that the Senators are going to win this series! Yahoo!!! Our City of Ottawa councillors are predicting that the Sens’ will be victorious! That makes me feel much better about our chances.

Go Sens Go! I got a pair of tickets for Wednesday’s game, bought them on-line and boy, are they ever high up in the stands! I think we’re sitting about 2 rows from the last row in the place. You know you’re up there when the Scotiabank Place organist is lower than you are. But I’m not complaining, I can’t wait to get to the game, nice and early so we can enjoy all the fun that’s outside the arena before-hand. See you there! I’ll be the one wearing red!