Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fleetwood Mac in Ottawa!

Fleetwood Mac is FINALLY coming to Ottawa!! March 23rd at Scotiabank Place!! This is one of those HUGE concert announcements (I think!) I'm predicting a very fast sell-out for two reasons...# 1..Fleetwood Mac has NEVER played this city, and # 2... Who didn't own Fleetwood Mac's quintessential album 'Rumours'? In 1977 when Fleetwood Mac released 'Rumours', it was such a huge album that it became a bit of a soundtrack for the lives of all my friends and class-mates....hanging out at friends' places, 'Rumours' was always on the turntable. I must've spun that album on my own bedroom stereo a thousand times. Its one of those rare albums that is 100 percent gems. In my humble opinion, there is not one 'dud' song. 'Rumours' has sold over 30 million copies and on Rolling Stone Magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, 'Rumours' takes the #25 position. I think it should be higher, but thats just my opinion.
So now we all get a chance to see those songs performed LIVE!!!!! I can't wait. When the drums kick in at the beginning of 'Go Your Own Way', I may just implode with excitement.
-


A few listeners have sent me this link to a very funny clip on Youtube. A woman has taken everything that a 'Mom' would tell her kids in a 24-hour period, and condensed it into just under 3 minutes, to the tune of the 'William Tell Overture'. You gotta check it out! Especially if you're a Mom!

-
I just received an urgent request from Sharon McKeil, who operates the Bytowne Association of Rescued Kanines...aka 'BARK'. A puppy mill has been busted outside Montreal, and the Montreal SPCA has asked BARK to help them find homes for several small dogs. These dogs are between 8 and 10 pounds and in desperate need of a home. If you can foster one of these rescued dogs, or provide a permanent home, please contact Sharon at www.bark-ottawa.com