Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Best Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe on Earth






I've been inundated with requests for my caesar salad dressing recipe!


Well, ok, one request from listener Caroline Parent, and one request from our producer Hammer. Two requests! That qualifies for the word 'inundated', in my opinion.


Here it is: (with thanks to the person who gave the recipe to me in the first place, Jay Mantha)





1/4 tsp dry mustard


2 - 3 drops tabasco


4 - 5 drops worcestershire sauce


2 - 3 cloves crushed garlic (or to taste, I use more!)


1 tbsp lemon juice


2 tbsp red wine vinegar


6 tbsp vegetable oil


5 or 6 tbsp grated parmesan or romano cheese (romano has more 'kick'!)

pepper to taste

4 - 5 inches anchovy paste (optional)

* 1 egg (later)


Blend all ingredients in blender. Mix in an egg. Pour dressing over chopped romaine lettuce & toss with croutons and freshly shredded parmesan cheese (and cooked bacon if you want!) Refrigerate unused dressing.