Monday, July 19, 2010

Bluesfest is Over! Now What?!



(above) goodbye, Bluesfest seagull that tried to eat my sweet potato fries!



(pictured above) Jimmy Cliff and reggae on a steamy summer night- a magical closing night at Bluesfest

350,000 people, over 260 shows, 12 days of sheer music loving bliss. Kudos to Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest executive director Mark Monahan, Paul Symes, AJ Sauve, Joe Reilly, the rest of the staff and the 5000 volunteers for an absolutely spectacular (and sweat-filled) music festival. From humble beginnings 17 years ago, today Ottawa Bluesfest is a festival worthy of the world stage! I met so many people who soaked in as many shows as possible, whether it be main stage acts like Joan Jett, Iron Maiden or Arcade Fire, or side stage shows like Derek Trucks, The Hold Steady, or Monkeyjunk. Happy to be in the '100 percent attendance club', with 12 days of live music behind me now....I am somewhat confused about what to do with my life. p.s. sincere thanks to my home away from home for 12 days, The Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, a short walk back from Bluesfest to a bed that was bigger than my house.
Well done, and thank you for the fun! Can't wait til next year.....
..


(above) The Sauce Boss cooks on the Subway Stage