Monday, July 05, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Bluesfest!




Right now I am exactly like a kid on Christmas Eve. Or a kid on the night before school's out for summer. Tomorrow is the kick off to my all-time favourite time of year- Day 1 of 12 days at Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest. My most excellent Bluesfest marathon begins in earnest tomorrow evening, with Iron Maiden- good way to kick-start the festival, don't you think? Very much looking forward to the new addition this year, the Blacksheep Music and Comedy Tent, with none other than Wayne Brady tomorrow night. Over the next 12 days I hope to catch Metric, Rush, Jimmy Cliff, Joan Jett, John Hiatt, Roseanne Cash, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Great Big Sea, Derek Trucks, Foghat, Gipsy Kings, Gord Downie, Crowded House, Steve Winwood, Levon Helm, Taj Mahal, The Hold Steady, Roger Hodgson, just to name a few. And of course amazing local acts like Monkeyjunk, Silver Creek, Big Jeezus Truck, Good2Go, The Bushpilots, Brothers Chaffey and so many more. This year I am more prepared for my Bluesfest marathon than ever before- with a suite at the Albert at Bay Hotel- just a quick walk to the festival. This is the greatest thing ever, I really recommend it if you are a Blues-natic like I am! So, here's to another great Bluesfest, hope to see you all there! Its Christmas for fans of live music!