Monday, November 14, 2005

It all started with the goldfish

An entire kitchen renovation usually starts with something like….the dishwasher being on the fritz. A new dishwasher easily leads to all new kitchen appliances. The wallpaper is the next to go, because it doesn’t fit the new look of the new appliances. Then, of course, the cupboards need to be ripped out because they don’t match the new paint and the new appliances. What the heck, you’ve gone this far, guess you should get the new kitchen table and chairs too. The reason the dishwasher didn’t work in the first place? A plastic Barbie tv got stuck in the dishwasher’s thing-a-ma-jig. But you got a whole new kitchen, and it just cost $20,000!

That’s kinda how my recent basement renovation started. I have 5 goldfish. They live in an aquarium in my basement. One day, we noticed that the aquarium seemed to be on a bit of an angle, and I thought that might be upsetting to my five goldfish. That was sometime back in September. Since then, the basement floor has been ripped up and replaced, the basement walls have been torn down, a new wall was built where there was no wall before, and now, all the electrical stuff is being wired for a surround-sound stereo system. I don’t know who loves our basement reno more, my goldfish or my credit card company.

Sad news for fans of Arrested Development. Fox TV has cut back on new episodes, and it looks like its going to be cancelled. Say it ain’t so! This is my favourite tv show!! Its crazy and often makes no sense!! Wonder if there’s anything fans can do to save the show. If not, I hope they have an auction of show memorabilia because I’d love to buy that truck with the staircase on top of it. I could just put it on my credit card.

If you want to be a part of the big fight scene being filmed for the upcoming movie ‘Rocky 6’, have I got a scoop for you! On December 6th at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, Sly Stallone takes on some yet-to-be-named boxer in the ring, and you could be in the audience. Its as easy as going to the website, BeInAMovie.com, and signing up! I signed up, but then I realized that I can’t go to Vegas, because the electrician is coming over that day.

And for tramps like us, that is, Springsteen fanatics, not sure if we can wait to get this under the Christmas tree: the ‘Born to Run’ 30th Anniversary re-mastered CD /DVD special edition set. Not only has the Born to Run album been digitally re-mastered, you also get a DVD with a ‘behind the scenes’ look at the making of the album, AND some rare concert footage from a rockin’ Bruce show at the Hammersmith Odeon Theatre in London, 1975. This goes right into my Bruce collection, along with my ripped jeans and bandana. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!