Friday, February 24, 2006

Frank and Gordon rock!!!!!

I can’t get enough of Frank and Gordon. I love them. The Bell Canada beavers are brilliant. I want to meet them, have them over for dinner. I think they eat wood. And sandwiches. I have friends that are tiring of Frank and Gordon. Not me. I just hope they don’t get too big for their britches. But for now, I love seeing them on tv all day. Especially since I got satellite tv, and I have 43 CBC channels. Frank and Gordon appear a lot! Check out www.frankandgordon.ca, for your beaver fix, just in case you’re at work and you can’t watch tv.

How’s this for irony. Since my alarm goes off at 3:30 every morning for my early shift, I tend to have a nap every afternoon. I don’t shut my phone ringer off, because I would probably never remember to turn it back on again. But luckily my friends and family know, I sleep in the afternoon so they don’t call me and wake me up. Oh yeah, finally, here’s the ironic part. The other day, the phone rang in the middle of the afternoon and woke me up. After trying to get back to sleep, but to no avail, I retrieved the message. It was from the ‘sleep disorder’ clinic. They were calling to tell Norm Dupuis that he had an appointment at the sleep disorder clinic at 9 am on June 11th. If anyone knows a Norm Dupuis, please pass that along to him. And I thank the sleep disorder clinic for waking me up.

As we wrap up a fabulous winter Olympics in Torino, all eyes turn to Whistler in 2010. Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has a room for rent in Whistler…..say….sometime around February….in the year 2010? If you’ve been to Whistler, you know what an incredibly vibrant and fun place it is. Now that Whistler has been chosen to host the world at the next winter Olympics, just how hard is it going to be to get a hotel room? Hmm….. its hard enough RIGHT NOW! Anyone who lives in Whistler can probably get $5000 a night for their fold-out couch during the Olympics. I had to laugh about a contest that ‘SKI’ magazine had, looking for Whistler’s biggest ski bum. The winner was a guy from Ontario, who went to Whistler to ski everyday for an entire winter, but had no money left for anything else. So he lived in the stairwell of the Marriott Hotel beside the ski hill. He had a sleeping bag, change of underwear, some ski magazines. Lived there all winter long. Skied at Whistler every day. This dude had his priorities!

The premiere of my acting debut is coming up Monday, March 20th. I play the part of a woman who gets her purse stolen in a Crimestoppers video. It will be on the CTV news at 6. Unless of course, I end up on the cutting room floor.

I still haven’t used the Ipod I got for Christmas. My Ipod holds 7500 songs. So far my husband has downloaded only about 850 songs on it. So its kinda pointless to use it, with just 850 songs.

Have you seen the movie ‘Eight Below’? As soon as I heard about the movie, starring 8 huskies in a struggle to survive alone in the Antarctic, I went to see the first showing at 10:40 am. I was by myself. I sobbed uncontrollably at the end of the movie. But so did the other woman and the other man who were there. ‘Eight Below’ is a great movie. And if you go to the theatre early in the morning, no one sees you cry.