Thursday, August 27, 2009

'Pennies for Pets' - Thank You So Much!!!!

Imagine my excitement when I received an email from Alison Wells at the St Francis of Assissi Child Care Centre in Orleans, telling me that the kids wanted to sponsor me (and my dog Hudson) for the upcoming Humane Society Wiggle Waggle Walkathon! The kids, between the ages of 4 and 9, had completely emptied out their penny jars and wanted to give it all to the animals at the shelter. The news just got even better, when Alison challenged other child care centres including Holy Spirit, Beaconwood School Age, Lynwood School Age, Crestway School Age, and Jackson Trails. This morning, with my beloved Humane Society dog Hudson in tow, I arrived at St Francis of Assissi to meet Alison and the staff, along with the sweetest group of kids you'd ever want to meet. Waiting for me were rolls and rolls of pennies, (thank you to everyone for doing all that 'rolling'!) for a grand total of $200.67!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! And of course, the ANIMALS at the Humane Society thank you too!!







My goal for the 'Wiggle Waggle' coming up on Saturday Sept 13th is $1500.
These big hearted kids are helping me reach that goal!
This is the link to my fundraising page: http://www.ohsre.ca/Page.aspx?pid=393&frsid=1264
Please consider joining the walk to help the animals. If you can't make it, I'll gladly walk on your behalf.