Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big Fun at the Big Pull

Stu, Shirley Roy of The Mission, and Me
Even dogs came to 'Pull'!








Milky and Stu






the team from 'Mommies R Us'

moses, mike and greg show their winning style
..and I'm 5'8"!!!
Stu's team.......not quite good enough
Stu around some real men
Stu, with head down after embarrassing loss

"The Big Pull' for the Ottawa Mission Stepping Stones Learning Centre was a huge success yesterday! 58 tug-of-war teams converged on Mooneys Bay Beach, and the total raised: $42,000!!! Thanks to the
Ottawa Police Association and Chief Vern White, plus the countless sponsors and volunteers. Thanks to BOB FM's very own Milky for being the on-site photo pro. The 'Elite' Overall Winner was the team from Simpson Electric. Biggest. Men. On. The. Planet.
Speaking of the guys from Simpson Electric, I'd like to thank Greg, Mike and Moses for completing my team, which went on to be victorious over Stuntman Stu's team. Stu and I had a bet: If HE won, I was supposed to bark like a dog every time he squeezed a squeal toy on the radio show tomorrow morning. And if I won, he was to dress and talk like a woman on the radio show tomorrow morning. I hope Stu can find a pair of size 13 stilhettos on a Sunday!