Tuesday, May 24, 2005

BOB has all the Stones!

Ottawa Citizen film critic Jay Stone is back in the real world after spending the last 2 weeks at the Cannes Film Festival. I particularly enjoy the segment around 8:40 each Friday on Bob FM’s ‘the Morning After’ when Jay gives his latest film review. But there’s something extra special when you’re talking to Jay by phone, and he’s standing on his balcony overlooking semi-clad stars on the Riviera, and he has a pair of binoculars, just in case an A-lister like Angelina Jolie happens by. It doesn’t get any more real than that. Wonder if Jay picked up a couple of Cannes t-shirts for folks back home.

Word is out about the support acts for the Stones show at Lansdowne, August 28th. Here in town, we will enjoy Les Trois Accords, and Our Lady Peace, before the Stones take to the stage. And remember, if you get shut out from buying any tickets, the show is taking place during the Ex, so I suggest you ride the roller coaster or the double ferris wheel. At least on the double ferris wheel, sometimes it gets stuck at the top, so you’ll get an extra long look at Mick and Keith.

Went to Yuk Yuks the other night, and laughed my head off. I had a pretty bad cold and so my laugh ended up sounding like very loud dry choking. There were five comics on the bill, including Ottawa’s Rick Currie, very talented guy. When he takes his dog camping, his dog sits on a rock overlooking the lake, and barks at his own echo. I think I myself have done this once or twice.

Its the season for golf tournaments. Although I don’t golf, I love the clothes. If you’re a golfer, call the Humane Society right now at 725-3166, or get all the info at www.ottawahumane.ca! I will be at the ‘Fore the Animals’ Golf Tourney, Thursday June 9th at gorgeous Pakenham Highlands Golf Club. This is one of those tournaments where everyone has a lot of laughs and no one goes home empty handed. Including me. Three years ago during the tourney prize auction, I was the highest bidder on a will. Thanks to the Humane Society Golf Tournament, I now have a legal document that will officially pass along all my debts to my family! It really is a fun time so please join us - check out the website for details!