Monday, May 30, 2005

Anyone for a Fantasy Foursome?

Congratulations to all the runners who helped to raise over half a million dollars for the Ottawa Hospital during ‘National Capital Race Weekend’! And congratulations to U of O student Shauna Burke for climbing Mount Everest this past weekend! Truly inspired, today I took the stairs instead of the elevator, up to the third floor!

Canadian Idol is back! I was reading some poll last week that asked ‘who would you like to have pump your gas’? And first-time Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm was the number 2 gas pumper, our very own Prime Minister being number one. I have no idea what that means.

We’re looking forward to the responses in our ‘Fathers Day Fantasy Foursome’ contest with Bayshore Shopping Centre. We need your ultimate fantasy foursome for a game of golf. Could be...lets see....Carmen Electra, David Suzuki, Billy Idol, and you. Or...hmmm....Paris Hilton, Paul Newman, Homer Simpson, and you. Or you and Bono, Eugene Levy, Madonna, and Albert Einstein. The more you use your imagination and convince JR and me that your foursome would be the most fun on the golf course, the better your chance at winning the grand prize: A Father’s Day round of golf for 32 people at the Marshes Golf Course, and dinner at Moxies - compliments of Bayshore Shopping Centre! My fantasy foursome includes Lassie.

I’d like to apologize to the woman behind me line at the grocery store check out. She went home without her big beautiful tomatoes and baby spinach. Because somehow it all came home with me. But I did check my bill, and yes I did pay for that lady’s tomatoes and spinach. Next time this happens I hope I accidentally pay for and get someone else’s Hagen Daz ice cream.