Thursday, May 26, 2005

Who's Got Tickets?

Ok, Ok...so Bo didn’t win American Idol. Obviously rockers don’t buy into that ‘text messaging’ thing. That’s probably why he lost.

I’m starting to think, that when I was born, some super power bigger than me said, ‘and this person here, who was just born, shall have much difficulty buying concert tickets, especially the year 2005’. Like everyone else, I’ve been so excited and impressed by all the concerts coming right here to Ottawa! U2 - wow!! I couldn’t get tickets to that one, nope. I signed up for the ‘pre-sale’ for Coldplay in Montreal, and Coldplay sent me back an e-mail saying that I was not chosen for the pre-sale at this time. Then I signed up for the Pearl Jam pre-sale, and Pearl Jam wouldn’t accept my email address. For the Rolling Stones, I let my husband handle it. He paid $100 for the pre-sale rights, and when the day came, he was offered a pair of tickets in the last row at the far end of the stadium, so he didn’t go for them, because he was sure something better would come up. After all, this was the pre-sale! Nope! No tickets for the Stones. I suppose I’m whining a bit. Sorry about that. I don’t mean to. Besides, there’s a good chance I’ll win a bet with JR this weekend, and I’ll win a pair of his U2 tickets. If the Stones Ottawa show sells out by midnight Saturday (my prediction), I win a pair of JR’s U2 tickets. If the Stones don’t sell out by midnight Saturday, I have to bring my manual push mower over to his house in Kanata and cut his lawn. I really hope I don’t have to do this.

My basement is sinking. Not the whole basement, just one side of the room that holds my 6 foot long aquarium that has five goldfish in it. So, this weekend there may be men in my house lifting up the floor, so the aquarium is going to have to go outside in the backyard for a while, fish and all. Seeing as how its also mosquito breeding season, I figure my 6 foot aquarium will be perfect for about a million mosquito larvae. I’ll let you know what happens once the aquarium is back in the house. I may have to go outside to escape the mosquitoes in the house. So, what’s up for your weekend?

Bye for now!