Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hey! That's my arm!

I only watched the new Stones video for the song ‘Streets of Love’ about 20 times. We taped it right from the show ‘Days of our Lives’ and I sat there with the remote control and my finger firmly on the ‘pause’ button. Since I snuck my way into Zaphod Beeblebrox for the Stones video shoot back in August, I was quite curious about the final product. I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to actually be in the video, but I thought my fist-pumping may be. So, as I sat on the couch, watching the Streets of Love video frame by frame, inch by inch, I finally saw it. My arm. That was definitely my arm, and my fist. I was pumping it madly during the chorus of the song, and when I put the video on ‘pause’, I got a good look at my arm, sticking up in front of the boys on the stage. Wow. Maybe I should get a casting agent for my arm.

So Madonna has been popping up everywhere lately, promoting her upcoming album ‘Confessions on a Dance Floor’. She even walked in to a college class this week and surprised the students with a lecture about her life. Hmm. She’s been on tv a lot, on talk shows, etc, and every time she’s on tv she doesn’t miss the opportunity to announce that she never lets her kids watch tv because tv is bad. TV is only bad when it involves Bob Saget. Anyway, Madonna wants to help us clean our souls by hearing our confessions, or something like that. If you call the toll-free number 1-888-2confess, you can leave Madonna a list of any sins you’ve committed in the past week. She wants to know. I ate ice cream at 2 in the morning. There. I’ve confessed! Help me, Madonna!

They are draining the canal. If that’s not a sure sign of what’s to come, I don’t know what is. Soon, the skating shacks will be in place. They usually put those in during morning rush hour. I’ve been doing some serious cleaning and came across my never-worn skates recently. I say this every year, but THIS is definitely the year that I am going to go skating on the canal. Problem is, one of my skates has been half-eaten by a mouse. The soft foamy stuff on the inside and most of the tongue of the skate have either been eaten or carried off to make a nice little mouse bed. At least this year I have a legitimate excuse for not going skating. Mouse ate my skate.