Tuesday, October 04, 2005

INXS AND PRE-SALE MADNESS

This just in! The upcoming tour dates have been announced for the brand new INXS – featuring Canada’s own JD Fortune stepping in as the new lead singer….and….guess what? Ottawa’s not on the tour. The ‘Switched On’ Tour starts January 18th in Vancouver, then INXS do a bunch of shows in the U.S., then they are back in Canada on February 7th, Massey Hall in Toronto. Considering the fact that Canada supported the Rock Star INXS tv show more than any other country, including the U.S, I think that INXS should play every city in Canada. Just like those Corner Gas people.

I found out about the INXS tour by going on the INXS website, www.inxs.com, and surprise, surprise! INXS has jumped on the ‘pre-sale’ ‘fan club’ bandwagon, or as I like to call it, the ‘pre-pay for nothing’ club. More and more bands are doing this! On the INXS website, for the low price of $24.95 U.S., you’ll get information about the band before anyone else, and you can get concert tickets before anyone else. Does this drive you nuts? Can’t we just all be equal? Last week, when the Aerosmith show was announced, the ticket sale information came out something like this: As of Wednesday, American Express card holders could buy their Aerosmith tickets. As of Thursday, Corel Centre members could buy their Aerosmith tickets. As of Friday, me and you could finally buy our Aerosmith tickets. Oh well, at least we know that everyone in section 330, row Z refuses to buy into pre-sale ‘pay for nothing’ exclusive-fansite-members-only offers. We’re rebels!! Rebels with lousy seats, but still rebels.

This time of year is fantastic for anyone who loves taking pictures. With the trees starting to turn orange and red, I take my camera with me wherever I go. You never know when you’re driving along and right at a certain moment, the sunset meets a lone crimson maple tree and ‘click’! You’ve captured the moment forever. Except you’ve also captured the gas station next to the tree, with the price of gas at $1.19.

I came across this website, called ‘SaveMyAss.com’. Its directed at guys who tend to forget their wives’ birthday, Valentines Day, anniversary etc. ‘SaveMyAss.com’ will send your wife flowers on all special occasions, AND, they will also surprise her 6 times a year with ‘just because’ flowers, for no reason at all. You simply give them your billing information, and you can write all the little notes that go with the flowers in advance, one entire year’s worth. For guys, it means they never have to think about buying their spouse flowers. For women, they get the flowers 10 times a year from a company called ‘SaveMyAss.com’. I’m not so keen on this myself. I think I’d be more impressed by a squished donut that my husband actually picked up for me for a surprise, than a big beautiful bouquet of roses from the SaveMyAss company. But I’d love to hear what you think!