Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'll take an interesting life for $100, Alex

I have to write a 6-line biography about myself. I have no idea what to say. All Bob FM announcers have been asked to give a ‘bio’ about themselves for this website. Hmm. The only thing I can think of, is that when I drive, I have trouble seeing over the steering wheel, yet I’m 5’8”. And I have 6 goldfish in a 130 gallon aquarium, but only one has a name. His name is Todd Chunder. All the other goldfish are Todd Chunder’s friends. There. I’ve done a bio!

It is now officially less than one month to go before the U2 concert. We got the word that U2 was coming w-w-w-ay back in March. I think that this is the longest period of time that I’ve ever looked forward to something. A lot of people plan weddings one or two years in advance, so they know what its like. I’ve never done that. I have been looking forward to U2 in Ottawa for eight months. Sheesh. Quite the build-up. Usually I just look forward to next weekend.

Since Ken Jennings finally got bounced off the show ‘Jeopardy’, after winning a gazillion dollars, I don’t watch the show much anymore. I rarely get past the beginning of the show, when the contestants have to divulge something amusing about their lives. Is it just me, or are Jeopardy contestants really that dull? I just watched Alex Trebek ask a contestant to tell a story about his dogs. Turns out, the guy didn’t have dogs anymore, but he did at one time. Holy crap.

Speaking of Jeopardy, ok, its not the same thing (because its w-a-a-ay more fun).. you gotta join us at World Trivia Night! Friday, Nov 4th, Aberdeen Pavilion, a fundraiser for ‘Champions for Children’. Get your team together, collect some pledges, then get set to answer as many trivia questions as possible, usually the one who shouts the loudest has their answer accepted by the team! We need to fill out our team, ‘Bob’s Big Brain’, details on this website! Or, go to www.worldtrivianight.com! This is the one night when knowing your marsupials may actually come in handy!