Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Boss is back!!!

June 8, 2005


The boss is coming back!!!!! Yay!!! Bruce Springsteen is bringing his acoustic tour to the Corel Centre this July 13th, and ‘tramps like us’ are ecstatic. Not only ‘cause we get to see him this summer, but we don’t have to drive for 8 hours to catch the show! How many times have you seen Bruce? (26 or 27 for me!) Do you have any Bruce stories you want to share? I will very gladly pass ‘em along or yak about them on the morning show. Yahoo!!! I’ve met Bruce Springsteen twice, actually shared a hot tub with him for about an hour in a hotel in Toronto. This was one of the top moments of my life. Well, that and winning a frozen turkey at a church bingo when I was seven. And of course, keep your radio on BOB FM, as we will definitely be giving away tickets!!

I’m learning how to play the guitar. My husband plays guitar, so he gave me a lesson the other night. Things were going OK with the G and the C chord, until the song I was learning required an F minor seventh with a drop down string. Or something like that. The guitar went immediately back in its case.

Apologies to a certain byward market produce vendor. Who knew that the one red pepper I had to have, was the one that was propping up all the other two hundred red peppers. Hey, did you know that red peppers bounce?

If you’re not familiar with the organization ‘Make Poverty History’, get on their website now, www.makepovertyhistory.ca, and sign up your support. This organization was the brain-child of none other than Bono from U2. With a goal of ending child poverty and encouraging our prosperous nation to forgive third world debt, Make Poverty History is catching on. Here at BOB FM we are committed to spreading the word about this important cause. Check out the MPH website and order some white wrist-bands. We’ll be along-side Make Poverty History at strategic events this year, including the U2 concert in November. Do what you can!