Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer in the City!

Happy summer! Its finally officially here. Its time to kick back and relax and enjoy the time of year we wait for ....for months and months and months. I’m pretty happy about the fact that I just finished a major landscaping project which meant that I was picking up hundreds of rocks from the side of the road. I was never really sure if this was legal. Who owns the rocks on the side of the road? Best not to ask, I guess. Its a bit of a ‘grey area’. So, whenever I found a road-side stash of nice looking boulders, as soon as I heard a car coming, I hid behind a tree. You can never be too careful. I’d hate to be apprehended for stealing somebody else’s rocks.

A report just came out identifying Ottawa as the least expensive North American city in which to live. I heard about this report a day after coming back from a weekend in Toronto, which is one of the most expensive cities. While in Toronto, four of us were charged a five dollar cover just to get into a restaurant. Sheesh! But nothing tops Belize City, where not only do you have to pay to use a public washroom, you have to pay extra for toilet paper. A dollar a square. No wonder everyone stayed away from the refried beans.

While in Toronto, my husband and I stumbled right into a Hillary Duff video that was being filmed off King Street. No one in Toronto seemed to care that this was going on. Thats one of the differences between Toronto and Ottawa. A few years back, Yasmine Bleeth was in Ottawa to film a movie. She was on the front page of the Ottawa Sun every day she was here. Crowds tailed here everywhere she went. She complained. She even cried. I wonder what Yasmine Bleeth is doing these days. Maybe she should come back to Ottawa!

Thanks to BOB FM’s very own Milky for his fast fingers. Milky had the magic touch when it came time to buy Bruce Springsteen tickets on line. My streak of getting shut out of concert tickets from internet sales continues, but Milky somehow got through on the website and got me a pair. Problem is, he still has my credit card number. If an Ottawa Renegades beer fridge ends up on my Visa bill, I’ll know why. p.s. if you didn’t get Springsteen tickets, not to worry, we are giving them away here on 939 BOB FM!